Friday, June 11, 2010

Day 152 ~ Igo California


Jaylene and I headed out to the middle of no where to locate Igo cemetery. After driving 30 miles outside Redding, 25 miles more than what Find A Grave stated, we found ourselves a little lost. We asked a local at the post office and three other people at the general store/bar with no luck. Igo is a very cute town and the people are pretty nice. We ended up in Ono, a town about 10 miles outside of Igo. We did find the Ono Cemetery, not Igo. I've been thinking about it and I bet both cemeteries are there. So, Jaylene and I will have to make another trip up there.

This grave hunting is pretty exciting! I bought Jaylene a little broom and dustpan, and a lot of batteries for my canon p&s. She seemed a little more excited about our adventure yesterday.

I am really happy with this shot. You know sometimes when you see something and you talk yourself out of stopping to take the photo? I almost did that with this one, I am so glad I didn't. It is a handheld HDR. I love this as my screensaver!!

4 comments:

  1. I love the clouds. I would have liked to be there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great capture. I like the 3 fence post in the foreground.

    ReplyDelete
  3. what a pretty scenic photo~

    makes you want to lay back and count the clouds or look for pictures in the sky, right! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. i will tell yo becuse i am from igo.
    the towns people may not tell an out sider were the cemetary is.
    its a very small special cemetary you had to be born there of basicaly an honorary member or great erson to the town to be burried there.
    my grandma one of the very few mebey three people burried there who was not born there.
    but sorry if you couldnt find it

    ReplyDelete