Monday, May 3, 2010

Day 114 ~Shasta Lake Bailey Cove

HDR~


Shot on the landscape mode, I was trying to understand the shutter speed & exposure stuff....

Jaylene and Whiskey...Jaylene with her goggles on cracks me up! She didn't even go under the water! LOL

As I type I'm processing some HDR's. I did it handheld and that's a story in itself. Only one is good! :( The other HDR's I took didn't turn out too well, too much camera shake.

We had a great time at the lake yesterday! Bailey Cove is a 2.8 mile hike along the McCloud arm of Shasta Lake. With all the rain we have had the lake is five feet from the top! The highest I've ever seen it. Granted we've only lived here for a little over two years. But from what I hear it's great that it is this full! When full it has 365 miles of shoreline and the length of the lake is 35 miles. The deepest part of the lake is 517 feet. Just some fun-filled fact for the day! :)

The first photo is an HDR. We walked the whole trail and I then realized I left my tri-pod at the cove where Jaylene and Whiskey were swimming. So, we ate lunch and walked back to find my tri-pod. Chris had blisters that were bleeding, Jaylene was tired of walking and I was just enjoying the day, so I didn't mind the mile walk back to find my tri-pod...lol We let Jaylene and Whiskey play in the water for another hour. It was a great day!

I will be posting more pictures from Shasta Lake throughout the week. My inlaws are coming in and I have a billion things to get finished! Clean the house, a WHOLE lot of lawn work and I know I won't have time to take pictures!

4 comments:

  1. Pretty cool HDR! Love the surreal colors. I really need to try HDR one of these days. Looks like a wonderful place to hike and explore!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the top shot. Excellent.

    ReplyDelete
  3. the first pic is peaceful easy feeling ♪♫♪~

    ReplyDelete
  4. fatty liver treatment nhs fatty liver treatment nhs
    fatty liver treatment nhs

    Also visit my web page what to eat to get rid of a fatty liver

    ReplyDelete