Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Day 122 ~





Lily or Lotus flower?? I thought it was a lily. Aunt Karen says Lotus. She seems to know more about plants, weeds and flowers than I do so I'll go with her. What do you think?

I don't like that the exposure is so bright that you can't see the yellow in the middle of the white flower. I lowered the exposure but I lost the reflection, so I turned it back up. I think I could just fix the middle part of the flower, but it's a little too early for that much editing. Maybe later on today I will tackle that.

3 comments:

  1. When in doubt, you should always under expose. You can always adjust it in PP. Once it is overexposed, there's no getting it back. In iffy situations I use the metering option for three different exposures. I would call this a water lilly, but I don't know my flowers :) Beautiful shots and I love the lilly pads in the 2nd one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think water lily and lotus are probably the same family. I think I just like the word lotus. Very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have always called it a lily. If its in the water its a water lily.

    ReplyDelete